These recommendations are only general guidelines. In order to be properly prepared, please call Fisherman’s Landing Tackle Shop at 619-221-8506 or Fisherman’s Landing at 619-221-8500 for the most current conditions and recommendations.
Please note, Fisherman’s Landing has quality rental tackle available for these trips as well as a fully stocked tackle shop.
- Light live bait rig with 20-25 lb. test line
- Heavy live bait rig with 30-40 lb. test line
- Jigging outfit with 40-50 lb. test line
- Selection of hooks ranging from size 2 to 4/0
- Fluoro carbon leader material for current conditions (typically 20-40).
- Egg or rubber core sinkers (typically ¼ oz. to ¾ oz.)
- Sinkers for bottom fishing (typically 4 oz., 8oz., and 16 oz.)
- Jigs and lures appropriate for current conditions
- Cross cutting dykes for cutting line
- Polarized sunglasses
- Layered clothing for current weather conditions. T-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket.
- Proper footwear such as 12” fishing boots or old tennis shoes